* The top 12 countries using Opera Mini in Africa are South Africa, Nigeria, Kenya, Egypt, Ghana, Sudan, Libya, Tanzania, Ivory Coast, Namibia, Mozambique and Mauritius.
* Some numbers: From June 2009 to June 2010, page views in the top 12 countries in Africa increased by 182%, unique users increased by 124%, and the amount of data transferred increased by 160%
* Growth rates in Africa: Sudan and Ghana lead the top 12 countries of the region in terms of page-view growth (4,645.6% and 916.5%, respectively). Sudan and Ghana also lead the top 12 countries of the region in growth of unique users (1,225.0% and 498.8%, respectively). Kenya leads the top 12 countries of the region in page views per user, with each user browsing 639 pages on average each month.
* Facebook, Google and YouTube all do well in Africa. Facebook is the top-ranked site in six of the twelve listed countries, and Google is ranked #1 in the remaining six countries.
* Nokia remains the most popular handset brand in Africa, followed by Sony Ericsson, Samsung, and LG.
Here is how Kenya stacks up.
- Page-view growth since June 2009: 278.6%
- Unique-user growth since June 2009: 171.9%
- Page-views per user: 639
- Data transferred per user (MB): 6
- Data transferred per page view (KB): 10
Top 10 sites in Kenya (# of unique users)
Top handsets for June 2010
- Nokia 2330c
- Nokia 5130 XpressMusic
- Nokia 1680c
- Nokia 2680s
- Nokia 2600c
- Nokia 2700c
- Nokia 3110c
- Samsung SGH-E250
- Nokia 2630
- Nokia 6300