Rapid fire typing…i will make then more comprehensive later in the day
Michael Joseph’s thoughts
• Largest impediment is hardware, looking for device manufacture to bring handset down to under 200 USD
• 120k transactions per second, servers in the UK, Germany and Kenya
• 23 billion in infrastructure rollout in 2010
• Other impediment is maintaining the infrastructure
Moderated by Paul Kukubo; MJ, Minister and Chair of ICT Board
• Finishing school to be set up for engineers, problem is we have at trial and error work mindset. We need to do it well, first time round
• Why don’t we have unified government services?
o An issue of focus; fertilizer or ICT
• Chair says its an issue of information. Who needs this information? Do we know?
• Minister, don’t move too fast for government. Culture in government needs to change, leads to frustration. Free fertilizer, free seeds…how about free wifi?
• MJ says we must be pragmatic. The growth must be done simultaneously. If you did ask a fella in makueni if he wants a borehole or wifi…hello, I don’t need to answer that for you
Towards a sustainable broadband society – by Nzioka Waita: Head of Legal and Regulatory Services
Ict is very much an enabler. What is it that you want from it? Why have laptop at home? Ict is just a means to an end.
He looked at the three pillars of a successful broadband community. Infrastructure, Accessibility and Content. Kenya should not be a net importer of content…why is gmail cached outside?
Seven Seas Technologies – Micheal Macharia; Founder CEO
Demonstrating the government wide dashboard. Took them 45 days to put it together.How does government measure and monitor the KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators). Luis Carlos walks us through their demo…some two minutes of the same here.