After taking Sembuse through the paces and incorporating some of the feedback we have received, we are taking Sembuse to the world stage to compete with the best at the – Forum Nokia Calling All Innovators contest.
This is our chance as Symbiotic to showcase homegrown talent, creativity and innovation on the world stage, and even (fingers crossed) see Sembuse on millions of Nokia devices around the world.
Forum Nokia, Nokia’s global developer Programme, challenges mobile and web application developers worldwide to submit best-in-class applications for use on Nokia devices.
We are submitting Sembuse under the Emerging Markets and Mobile Necessities category, where developers are to create innovative applications across mobile technology platforms – ranging from SMS through Series 40 and S60 device platforms. All applications will be considered, including those developed using Java, Python, or open source.
These additional areas reflect the desire to identify applications and services which enable Nokia mobile users to be in control of their busy lives and easily manage their frequent interactions with family and friends. At the same time, the applications are not just about personal productivity. Think entertainment and fun, too.
Some examples of the types of applications that the judges will be looking for include:
• Communications – Innovative applications that span mobile technology platforms – ranging from SMS through Series 40 and S60 device platforms – to improve communications for people in rural and semi-urban areas worldwide.
• Emerging Markets – This includes applications designed to meet the needs and improve the daily lives of millions of people living in rural and semi-urban areas worldwide. It can include applications for education, health care and more.
• Entertainment – Applications for social networking; gaming; music and media services to create, edit and share content with friends; recommendations for things to do, such as concerts or movies; or perhaps premium services where individuals can discover and share new ideas and information with one another.
• Life Balance – Applications that support individuals in their choice to live a healthy life by suggesting ways to improve physical and mental abilities.
• Personal Information Management – Applications for things like time management, navigation, information search.
• Personal Security – Applications that provide solutions to you and your family, such as how to get back a lost or stolen device, or an alarm system for your mobile.
• Social responsibility – Applications that guide individuals to make the right ethical choice and lead a sustainable lifestyle.
And we believe that Sembuse fits the bill on more than one of these fronts. If it were to be decided through a user vote, we are sure we would win the 30,000 $ coz you would all vouch for us, but unfortunately its sheer innovation and talent that will see us through this one
Haya basi…twende kazi